I love my blog, I really do. I love testing healthy recipes and writing about how they turned out. I also love getting your feedback, and even though this blog is pretty new - I really appreciate the comments and ideas that you've sent.
But this post isn't about this blog. This post is a shout-out to the foodie blogs that I love to read. Some are healthy-ish, some aren't. Some have beautiful pictures that make me drool. Some post recipes that read like a good book. All of them help me relax after long days at work, inspire me to create my own dishes and make me want to be a better cook. So, without further adieu, here are some great blogs....and in the words of LeVar Burton...."you don't have to take my word for it":
1. Aggie's Kitchen: Aggie posts the perfect balance of healthy-ish and non healthy-ish recipes. I always turn to her blog when I'm looking for something delicious and healthy - and quick. Her recipes are perfect for the working woman, balancing it all and enjoying good food.
2. Smitten Kitchen: Every time Deb posts a recipe I immediately click over and stare at the beautiful pictures. Deb's an advanced chef, and her recipes are not for the timid. I must credit her for posting the most delicious cookies that I've ever made (crisp salted white chocolate chip cookies, go make them now!). I also love this blog because it encourages you to make food that you love and throw caution (and calories) to the wind.
3. Diet It Up: My cousin Trish was healthy-ish and a blogger before me, and she does it with style. She takes fattening recipes that you love to hate and puts a healthy twist on them. Her husband Joe tastes the food and takes the pictures (and is a great supporter!). If you visit her blog, make sure you email her a recipe and she'll help you 'Diet It Up.'
4. Skinny Taste: Gina started blogging because she couldn't find any good websites with Weight Watchers recipes, and her blog has grown and grown. I love that this is a diet blog that uses real natural ingredients. Visit her if you want to eat food that you love without feeling guilty (plus she calculates weight watchers points, which is a score if you're counting).
5. Foodista NYC: I live in Astoria, Queens and I love trying out the restaurants and local food in my neighborhood. Judith is on the pulse of the food scene in Queens and really, the entire metro-area. She also posts delicious original recipes. If you're coming to NYC - you must check her out, she's the first blogger I turn to when I need a dinner recommendation.
What's your favorite blog? Where do you get your recipes and inspiration?